I am a visual artist, entrepreneur and leader that has steadily aligned my core creative interests and talents with digital technology as it has transformed the global marketplace.
I welcome new challenges and opportunities that leverage my unique combination of creative skills + technology experience in a measurable, value-added manner.
I’ve been fortunate to participate in a wide range of experiences including the nuclear power industry, industrial sheet metal fabrication, design/build energy efficient housing, building wooden musical instruments, educating and informing audiences through visual communications and transforming businesses through applied digital strategies.
In this process I have benefited from working with many talented and gifted associates from: nuclear physicists, architects and engineers to artists, musicians, web strategists, technologists and business leaders.
I’m involved in a lifelong educational process that is best achieved by developing my mind and skills through work experiences, and hands-on, self-directed projects.
I read mostly fiction and research non-fiction topics that interest me online. I’ve had training in music, photography, watercolor painting and perspective drawing and attended many other kinds of creative and technical workshops.
2007 – Present
- Business transformation through digital strategy and execution
1999 - 2007
BIRKEY.COM, Div. of MIS, Inc.
- Web Strategy, E-commerce, Design & Development
1996 – Present
BIRKEY ASSOCIATES, INC.
Founder / Owner
- Visual Illustration & Design
- Web Strategy & Design
An honest and open leadership style focused on serving clients.
Most comfortable and productive in a team setting where I work to earn respect and trust.
Creative, organized, innovative, entrepreneurial, self-motivated and a problem-solver.
Strong verbal and written communication skills which I use to present, teach and train others.
Personality Type: Combination of INTJ “Architect” and/or ISFJ “Defender”
Produces professional quality and compelling communications including written proposals and visual presentations using main tool set:
- Photoshop & Illustrator – Expert web/print user since 1987
- Dreamweaver – Expert user since 1997
- Acrobat & InDesign – Intermediate/advanced web/print user
- Corel Painter – Advanced/expert web/print user since 1990
- Apple & Microsoft Mac Office Suites – Expert
- G Suite for Business – Expert
- CMS – WordPress, Sitecore, Adobe CQ, ExpressionEngine, Drupal
- Apple MacOS – Expert user since 1987. Certified Apple Technician 1990.
Regularly uses: Prezi, Evernote, Coda, FileZilla, Balsamiq, OmniGraffle, GoPro Studio and other software utilities and business management tools.
I’m a craftsman who enjoys pursuits of the mind as well as practical hands-on projects. I am often building and repairing musical instruments, wrenching on a custom 2008 Triumph Bonneville motorcycle, or out riding it or driving my pickup truck.
I own or manage/maintain the following web properties:
- BonnevillePerformance.com – Triumph factory-sponsored AMA Pro Flat Track racing team and high performance after-market products and services
- BonnevilleBrackets.com – Triumph after-market custom accessories
- TriumphBonneville.org – personal blog about experiences owning and riding Triumph motorcycles
- WindyCityRATs.org – Triumph owners motorcycle club
- NewBonnevilleRiders.com – Triumph owners online community
AUTOS & TRUCKS
I’ve owned, driven, modified, maintained or restored a number of classic, muscle or sport vehicles:
- 1963 and 1965 VW Bug
- 1972 Datsun 240Z
- 1955 Ford F-100 Pickup Resto Rod
- 1969 Chevy Impala, 396 V8
- 1987 BMW 535is sport sedan
- 1993 Custom Chevy Indy Pace Truck, one of only 1500